Before you apply
If you want to offer Assured or Recognised products in addition to the CITB products you're already offering, you need to:
- Review the standards for short duration courses to assist your decision on which training products you want to offer.
- Find out about the annual fees for ATOs to offer Assured or Recognised products. These are in addition to the fees you already pay to offer CITB products.
- Download and read the following documents carefully before submitting your application:
Preparing your application
Once you have fully understood the requirements and terms, you need to gather the following pieces of information for your application:
- company details - these need to be the name and address as registered with Companies House (i.e. your legal entity)
- Companies House or registered charity number (as applicable)
- training centre/facility details (if different from company details)
- contact details for your company's accounts department
- if applicable, details of construction-related qualifications from an awarding organisation that you are approved to deliver.
Complete the CITB ATO application form online.
You can also watch this video to find out how to complete the application form.
After submitting your application
We will review your application to offer more training products to verify the information you have provided.
Once this step has been successfully completed, we will give you access to the Construction Training Directory (CTD) to sign the form(s) of agreement and complete self-assessment:
- you should get an email with a link to the CTD so that you can create your log-in using your email address
- please make sure that you use the email address that was given in your application when logging into the CTD
- if you haven't received this email after you have been notified that you've passed this stage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0844 994 4047.
Please make sure that emails from CITB do not automatically get put into your email spam folder.
Once you have created your log-in, you will need to:
- Electronically sign the form(s) of agreement
- Select the courses from the list of industry agreed short duration training courses:
- If you want to provide Assured products, you will need to complete the online self-assessment which involves describing how you can provide training to the required standard for that course. You can also upload documents* such as a course syllabus to support your self-assessment.
If the standard is still in development, you can still select that course to include in your training portfolio. You won't need to complete the self-assessment at this time.
Once the standard has been developed and published, you will then need to complete the self-assessment for that course. We will inform you when that course standard has been published.
- If you want to provide Recognised products, you will need to provide evidence that you have permission to deliver those products.
This will be in the form of certification and/or a contract of agreement between your organisation and the awarding body.
You will need to upload a copy of these documents* to the system.
* We will accept a scanned copy as an image file (e.g. JPG or PNG), or a PDF/MS Word file copy of the document. You can upload as many documents/files as you wish to support your application, but each file must be less than 20MB.
Watch the video on how to complete the self-assessment and provide evidence.
Once we have verified the evidence that you uploaded, we will confirm your status as a CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO). You will need to pay your additional annual ATO fees at that time.