The course is comprised of four mandatory units, which include the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of a site supervisor or team leader
- Leadership and management
- Quality management
- Health and safety
- Planning work on site
- Putting team members to work
- Establishing an effective team
- Improving the performance of a team
- Reading and executing a short-term programme
- Managing resources, time and materials
The course also includes registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
The mandatory award units are taught through 4 full-day classroom-based workshops.
A minimum of 2 addtional units are taught through classroom tutorials.
Assesment is through assignments in the form of short answer questions. The assignments help you to apply what you have learnt in class to your role, making the training more relevant.
- You complete the assignments in your own time outside of the course.
- You must successfully complete the assignments to meet the ILM requirements.
You will need to use a computer to produce and submit your assignment. If possible, please bring a laptop with you to the course as this will help you to complete your assignments.
Qualifications you gain
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management Practice for the Construction and Built Environment Sector.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.